Government & Public Affairs
- Over 15 years of progressive experience in government and public affairs with concentration in the areas of government affairs program development/management, legislative analysis, legislative tracking, issue development and implementation, and direct lobbying activities on behalf of a diverse client bases. Responsible for continual relationship development and communication of issues to federal, state, and local public officials, private sector entities, regulatory authorities, stakeholders, shareholders, and the media.
Industry & Association Relations
- Primary advocate for and liaison to businesses & trade associations representing diverse membership bases. Responsible for the dissemination of information to internal and external industry, public stakeholders and member audiences through direct communications, publications, presentations, and social media. Oversight of grassroots political involvement programs. Appointed member of association committees and subcommittees.
- Specialist in business development through advocacy. Multiple successful initiatives in policy, law, legislation, public relations, and external affairs for the specific purpose of enhancing or protecting business opportunities while highlighting corporate and industry reputations.
- Managing internal and external corporate responsibility activities while promoting the positive attributes of community commitment, philanthropic engagement, eco-friendly initiatives, and employee volunteerism. Experienced public affairs operator with public/community relations responsibilities.
- Primary and support roles in media and public relations including experience with local, state, and national media outlets. Responsible for drafting of speeches, press releases, and answering direct media inquiries. Spokesperson and presenter at conferences and professional events.
- Experience in diverse operating structures including government, non-profit, corporate, and small business operations. Management team member responsible for the administration of department functions, including the development and oversight of strategic plans, departmental budgets, and the supervision of professional and contract employees.